HOW TO STATE REASON FOR LEAVING JOB DURING INTERVIEW?

Assalamualaikum and hi hi hi everything... preparing resumes and attending to one interview after another are indeed draining our minds... no matter how it may drain us, we must buck up and always be ready for any unexpected expected questions from the interviewer... the ultimate goal is of course the success of securing the job and to be on board... thus, here are a few of the answers which you could prepare yourself with for your next interview session...

REASON OF LEAVING PURPOSE


This is a small and important section in your resume. By writing a reason of leaving, hiring managers will know the motivation behind or your desire to change jobs...

Most of the time, job seekers miss out crafting a solid reason of leaving and hence their resume is being ignored by hiring managers...

This guide is about the different types of reasons of leaving you can craft so that you will not be labelled as a job hopper... 


Credit picture: Click here

REASON OF LEAVING TYPES


1) FAMILY AND HEALTH RELATED MATTER


I left XXX (Company Name) to take care of my mom who was a stroke patient.
I left XXX (Company Name) because I was hospitalized and needed adequate rest. (Sabbatical or Gap Year:)

I left XXX (Company Name) to go backpacking to XXX country. I visited…. (Explain what you did for your backpacking trip).

I left XXX (Company Name) because of a sabbatical. During my Sabbatical, I visited ….. (Explain what you did in your sabbatical)

2) HEADHUNTED TO JOIN A NEW COMPANY


I left XXX (Company Name) because I was headhunted to join (New company name) as a New Position. (This will impress the hiring manager because you are in demand in the industry).

3) JOIN A NEW INDUSTRY


I left XXX (Company name) which is a FMCG industry to the retail industry. The retail industry is a more fun and interesting industry, where I get to manage  more projects and I see myself contributing to the industry using my experience in FMCG.

4) NEW CLIENTS TO HANDLE AND EXPOSE TO


I left XXX (company name) to join the (New company name) because I will have more exposure to different portfolios and clients.

5) NEW CALLING AND NEW INTEREST


I left XXX (company name) to join (New company name) because of my calling and interest in people management. I felt I was more interested and passionate about people's development.

6) PROMOTION OPPORTUNITY WITHIN GROUP OF COMPANIES


I was promoted from a digital marketing manager to regional digital marketing manager to spearhead XXX project, or to do XXX state your new job role.

7) AFFECTED BY COVID-19


I left (Company name) because my company business was affected by covid-19, hence I joined a more stable company which is XXX (New company name).

8) BIGGER CAPACITY


I left (Company name) to join (new company name) as a (new role) because at (company name) I was given the opportunity to handle a larger scale of ….. And i was expose to more…..

In case you have a bad experience with your current company, How should you craft your reason of leaving?


YOUR REASON OF LEAVING = REASON OF APPLYING


1) STATE WHAT ATTRACTS YOU TO JOIN THE NEW COMPANY

I left (company name) to join (New company) because (New company) is interesting in the area of…..(state why you join the company). 

2) DO NOT COMPLAIN


Do not complain about your boss when writing the reason of leaving. The world is small, news spread out easily and your future company might know ythe boss whom you complain.

Hope these might help... all the best in your job seeking everyone... please feel free to join this TELEGRAM JOB VACANCY CHANNEL for more vacancy details...

xoxo

Tini Alif

20 years of experience within the technical, manufacturing and services environment. Assists brands and companies to achieve their targeted and potential customer through writing service such as article writing, copywriting, ghostwriting, manuscript writing, technical writing, content marketing and translation amongst others. Interested to collaborate? Email: hartini.hussain.work@gmail.com or WhatsApp at +601154054677

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post